“Now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.”
– John Steinbeck
Are you feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, and burned out by your job (or your naughty dog)? Like nothing you do is ever enough? Are you ready to make changes, but you’re not sure what that looks like or where to start? Are you tired of doing this alone and wish someone was in your corner, supporting and encouraging you? You’re in the right place. I’ve got your back.
I can help you to navigate the intense stressors of being a caregiver (whether that’s at the animal shelter or at home, with your own dog). Through coaching, we’ll work together to help you reduce compassion-related stress and make lasting changes for a more satisfying and resilient life.
I specialize in supporting animal care professionals and people who live with dogs who have behavior challenges.
I can help you:
- understand how your caregiving responsibilities impact all areas of your life
- explore your options, come up with a Plan B, or make challenging choices
- work through fear and resistance to change
- cultivate stress-reduction strategies, including finding your “good enough”
- examine the stories you’re telling yourself
- develop self-care practices and boundaries that truly serve you
- feel less isolated and more supported
- step forward into a life you really want
- tap into your inner compassionate badass!
My coaching is based on a deep understanding of the challenges you face as a caregiver to animals. I’ll bring my years of experience as an animal welfare and care professional, certified compassion fatigue educator, and coach to each session. Right now, what I really want you to know is that by developing new skills and knowledge, it’s possible to courageously care for animals and live a life you authentically enjoy.
One day you finally knew what you had to do, and began.
– Mary Oliver
My approach is practical, fun (there will be laughter!) and deeply respectful of your experience. If you’re a helping professional or you live with a challenging dog, click on the coaching that’s right for you and learn more about the overall process and the unique client-coach relationship.
Ready to begin? I invite you to schedule a complimentary 30 minute session, so we can get to know one another!