If you’re tired of trying to figure out that “work/life balance” thing all by yourself, then you’re in the right place. I’ve got your back.
I specialize in working with experienced animal care and welfare professionals who spend all day solving problems for others, but could use some help figuring out how to create a life they really enjoy. In our 1-on-1 sessions, we’ll work together to help you reduce your stress, overwhelm, or stuckness, and make lasting changes so you can have a more joyful, focused, energized, and resilient life.
When you’re ready for change, but you’re not sure what the best next steps are, I’m here to support you and help you find your way forward.
Coaching with Jessica helped me to make the time and space in my life to focus on areas of my life that I had been neglecting. I wanted to regain some work-life balance, but I wasn’t sure where to begin and I wasn’t making any changes. Honestly, I was stuck in a rut!
With coaching, I was able to understand and articulate exactly what I wanted and make progress towards new goals. The accountability, strategies, and guidance that Jessica provided allowed me to create real change. By getting clear on my priorities, I re-structured my day and shifted how I approached my work. As a result, I built new habits that increased my quality of life.
Jessica’s coaching style made me feel at ease. Our conversations were filled with incredible insights. I walked away from each session excited to be investing in myself and inspired to take the next steps. Ultimately, my coaching sessions with Jessica gave me the ability to feel more confident and happier in my work, as well as the tools to sustain that progress!” – Caitlin, Director of Operations
My approach is based on a deep understanding of the challenges you face as a caregiver to animals and people. I’ll bring my years of experience as an animal welfare + care professional and expertise as a certified compassion fatigue educator to each session. I’m practical, fun (there will be laughter!) and deeply respectful of your experience.
I can help you:
- do great work and make an impact, while also having the time and energy to do fun stuff and be present with the people and animals you love
- figure out how to address compassion fatigue issues for yourself and/or your staff
- cultivate stress-reduction strategies, so that you can tackle tough situations with calm confidence
- create boundaries, so that you feel in control of your time and energy
- design a schedule that honors your energy and priorities
- examine the stories you’re telling yourself, so that you can finally feel “good enough”
- build self-care practices that actually work for you!
- feel less isolated and more supported as you face your fears
- build your side hustle, online classes, and other projects, so you can change your job
- tap into your inner compassionate badass, so that you can courageously care for others and live a life you authentically enjoy!
“My life transition coaching with Jessica helped me to prioritize prior to my retirement. She helped me see new possibilities and develop a specific plan for myself with self-care strategies to help me reach my goal. Gratefully, this changed my experience from a stressful one to a joyful one. I am very appreciative of her tremendous expertise and guidance.
Jessica’s sense of humour, compassion and expert coaching skills helped me find my “good enough” and establish boundaries that promoted a healthy lifestyle during this time. Her caring for others is second to none. She is an incredibly positive, inspiring, wise and knowledgeable coach. I would highly recommend her to any person who is any type of transition or challenged in their role to care for others, including animals.” – Pat R. Human Resources Director
One day you finally knew what you had to do, and began.
– Mary Oliver
“Through coaching with Jessica a big insight for me was to draw on my strengths, instead of focusing on fixing my weaknesses. That is a huge shift, and relief, from the whole self-help thing. Of course, we all want to do and be better, but there is so much more to work with when I think of what my actual strengths are!
Jessica is a fun, smart, insightful, and skilled coach. She offered valuable insights, helped me map out my goals, and is always a pleasure to talk with. That helped make the harder stuff a little easier.” M.R. Dog Trainer
During our sessions together you will feel appreciated and accepted. Because this is your time. I’m here for you. You’ll be able to ask me every awkward question you have about anything you’ve been carrying around that you’ve been too afraid to ask other people.
Together, we’ll look for practical solutions and work to develop your own compassionate badassery practice to better support you, so you can live a life that feels good AND do the work that matters to you!
This is for you if you’re ready to:
- Create a personal toolbox by leveraging your unique strengths and resources, so that you can achieve your self-care goals and feel energized again!
- Get to know yourself (beyond the caregiving you do) by developing skillful, mindful practices, so that you can recognize your real needs, reduce your stress, and feel confident that you can tackle challenges with ease.
- Stop beating yourself up for not being “good enough” by building a more balanced outlook and reconnecting to the rewards of the work you do, so that you can feel good about yourself and the difference you’re making.
- Set compassionate boundaries in your personal and professional work, so that you can ditch the guilt, take care of your needs, and be in control of your life.
- Stay connected to your dreams and values, so that you can do the meaningful work you love and have fun while you do it!
Every coaching relationship is different and customized to your individual needs. But generally speaking, during our time together, we’ll focus on three main areas: Awareness, Balance + Boundaries, and Connection.
We’ll take some time to explore where you are right now, so you can clarify what you want out of your life and career. We’ll nail your old stories and thought patterns that are keeping you stuck. With this new awareness, we’ll map out your goals.
Balance + Boundaries
We’ll tackle healthy boundaries and create more balance in your life by leaning into your personal strengths, core values, and untapped resources. We’ll map out a path, so you can make progress through clear, actionable steps.
During our sessions you’ll discover and nurture deeper connections to internal and external resources that will sustain you as you move forward.
We’ll work together on anything standing in your way, so you can feel confident, focused, and more resilient in your life and career. And every step of the way, you’ll have a coach that understands what it means to love animals and work in uniquely challenging environments.
Before you know it, you’ll be practicing compassionate badassery, where boundaries are the new black, rested is the new busy, and good enough is the new perfect!
The Compassionate Badassery Sessions: You’re ready to live a life that actually feels good, while you do good! Your 3 month package includes:
- 6 one hour one-on-one calls with me (typically 2 sessions per month).
- Email support in between calls for when you feel stuck, confused, or ready to celebrate.
- Documents and materials tailored specifically to you as needed.
Your Investment: $1099 or 3 Monthly Payments of $399. Let’s do this!
Are you looking for a single session deep dive on just one issue? Book a Power Hour with me here.
Step 1a. Schedule a complimentary, no-obligation consultation call. You can do that right here.
Step 1b. When you’re scheduling your session, you’ll be directed to answer a few questions from me. Before we hop on the phone, I’d like to know a bit about you and what you’d like to get out of working with me.
Step 2. At the scheduled time of your consultation call, we’ll get to know each other! We’ll use the opportunity to start looking at your situation, what your best next steps might be, and determine if we’re the perfect fit (before you commit!).
Step 3. Then we’ll get started! If you decide to work with me, I’ll tell you the exact next steps. If you decide not to work with me or if we aren’t a perfect fit, I’m happy to share other resources to help you get what you need.