“Now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.”
– John Steinbeck
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your job, like nothing you do is ever good enough, and you’re really tired of trying to figure it all out by yourself, then you’re in the right place. I’ve got your back.
I specialize in supporting helping professionals (particularly those who work with animals) and pet owners who live with dogs who have behavior challenges. I can help you navigate the intense stressors of being a caregiver and help you find your way when you’re not sure what to do next.
In our 1-on-1 sessions, we’ll work together to help you reduce your stress, tackle all your burning questions, and make lasting changes for a more satisfying and resilient life.
Coaching with Jessica helped me to make the time and space in my life to focus on areas of my life that I had been neglecting. I wanted to regain some work-life balance, but I wasn’t sure where to begin and I wasn’t making any changes. Honestly, I was stuck in a rut!
With coaching, I was able to understand and articulate exactly what I wanted and make progress towards new goals. The accountability, strategies, and guidance that Jessica provided allowed me to create real change. By getting clear on my priorities, I re-structured my day and shifted how I approached my work. As a result, I built new habits that increased my quality of life.
Jessica’s coaching style made me feel at ease. Our conversations were filled with incredible insights. I walked away from each session excited to be investing in myself and inspired to take the next steps. Ultimately, my coaching sessions with Jessica gave me the ability to feel more confident and happier in my work, as well as the tools to sustain that progress!” – Caitlin, Director of Operations
I can help you:
- understand how your caregiving responsibilities impact all areas of your life and how to increase your resiliency, so that you can thrive (not just survive)
- figure out how to address compassion fatigue and burnout issues for yourself and/or your staff by answering your work-related questions
- cultivate stress-reduction strategies, so that you can tackle tough situations with calm confidence
- create compassionate boundaries, so that you feel in control of your time and energy
- examine the stories you’re telling yourself, so that you can finally feel “good enough”
- build self-care practices that actually work for you!
- feel less isolated and more supported as you figure out your job and your life
- build your side hustle, online classes, and other projects so you can change your job
- tap into your inner compassionate badass so that you can courageously care for others and live a life you authentically enjoy!
My approach is based on a deep understanding of the challenges you face as a caregiver to animals. I’ll bring my years of experience as an animal welfare + care professional and expertise as a certified compassion fatigue educator to each session. I’m practical, fun (there will be laughter!) and deeply respectful of your experience.
“My life transition coaching with Jessica helped me to prioritize prior to my retirement. She helped me see new possibilities and develop a specific plan for myself with self-care strategies to help me reach my goal. Gratefully, this changed my experience from a stressful one to a joyful one. I am very appreciative of her tremendous expertise and guidance.
Jessica’s sense of humour, compassion and expert coaching skills helped me find my “good enough” and establish boundaries that promoted a healthy lifestyle during this time. Her caring for others is second to none. She is an incredibly positive, inspiring, wise and knowledgeable coach. I would highly recommend her to any person who is any type of transition or challenged in their role to care for others, including animals.” – Pat R. Human Resources Director
One day you finally knew what you had to do, and began.
– Mary Oliver
“Through coaching with Jessica a big insight for me was to draw on my strengths, instead of focusing on fixing my weaknesses. That is a huge shift, and relief, from the whole self-help thing. Of course, we all want to do and be better, but there is so much more to work with when I think of what my actual strengths are!
Jessica is a fun, smart, insightful, and skilled coach. She did a great job of keeping the conversation on track (NOT easy), had valuable insights, helped me map out my goals, and is always a pleasure to talk with. That helped make the harder stuff a little easier.” M.R. Dog Trainer
Help For Helping Professionals:
During our sessions together you will feel appreciated and accepted. Because this is your time. I’m here for you.
You’ll learn strategies to support yourself as you deal with the difficulties of complex stress, including compassion fatigue and burnout. You’ll find ways to continue doing the work that you find most meaningful, without it harming you.
And you’ll be able to ask me every burning question you have about working with animals, functioning in challenging environments, and anything else you’ve been carrying around that you’ve been too afraid to ask!
Together, we’ll look for practical solutions and work to develop your own compassionate badassery practice to better support you, so you can live a good life!
This is for you if you’re ready to:
- Create a personal toolbox by leveraging your unique strengths and resources, so that you can achieve your self-care goals and feel energized again!
- Get to know yourself (beyond the caregiving you do) by developing skillful, mindful practices, so that you can recognize your real needs, reduce your stress, and feel confident that you can tackle challenges with ease.
- Stop beating yourself up for not being “good enough” by building a more positive outlook and connecting to the rewards of the work you do, so that you can feel awesome about yourself and the difference you’re making.
- Set compassionate boundaries in your personal and professional work, so that you can ditch the guilt, take care of your needs, and be in control of your life.
- Stay connected to your dreams and values, so that you can do the meaningful work you love and have fun while you do it!
Each relationship is unique and we’ll figure out the steps together, but here’s a look at the overall journey:
First, we’ll take some time to help you clarify what you want out of your life and/or career. We’ll look at any questions you have about your work and examine the possible solutions. With this new awareness, we’ll map out your goals.
During this phase, we tackle setting limits and healthy boundaries, by leaning into your personal strengths, core values, and untapped resources.
Connecting the Dots!
In every session we’ll develop and implement action steps to get you from here to there. We’ll figure out what it will take, work together on any thing standing in your way, and create a path that leads to greater well-being and resilience in your life and career.
Before you know it, you’ll be practicing compassionate badassery, where boundaries are the new black, rested is the new busy, and good enough is the new perfect!
Are you interested in working with me? Here’s how to get started:
Step 1a. Schedule a complimentary, no-obligation consultation call. You can do that right here.
Step 1b. When you’re scheduling your session, you’ll be directed to answer a few questions from me. Before we hop on the phone, I’d like to know a bit about you and what you’d like to get out of working with me.
Step 2. At the scheduled time of your consultation call, we’ll get to know each other! We’ll use the opportunity to start looking at your situation, what your best next steps might be, and determine if we’re the perfect fit (before you commit!).
Step 3. Then we’ll get started! If you decide to work with me, I’ll tell you the exact steps for getting started. If you decide not to work with me or if we aren’t a perfect fit, I’m happy to share other resources to help you get what you need.
I also offer individual coaching for people who live with dogs who have behavior issues and need support in their role as a caregiver to challenging pets.
You can learn more about Dogs In Need of Space coaching here.
Have questions? Email me.